Menu
melanieb1
Just joined
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New to Virgin - No HD Sports and Movies

We had Virgin TV installed on Saturday and are unable to get any of the SKY sports or movie channels in HD although we have them without.  How can I get them to work, is it because they have not been activated?  It is saying that we need to subscribe.We have access to all of the other HD channels. 

0 Kudos
melanieb1
Just joined
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New to Virgin - No HD Sports and Movies

We had Virgin TV installed on Saturday and are unable to get any of the SKY sports or movie channels in HD although we have them without.  How can I get them to work, is it because they have not been activated?  It is saying that we need to subscribe.We have access to all of the other HD channels. 

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New to Virgin - No HD Sports and Movies

Sky Sports and Movie channels in HD carry an "extra" charge - this is levied by Sky themselves. You will have to call up and pay the extra i'm afraid.

I have heard that Sky are dropping their charge next week for movies in HD, but I do not know if Virgin will sdo the same.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It was always priced at £7 for HD whether you wanted Sports, Movies or both.
When the charge first came in there were loads of discussion about I only want HD for sports though as I don't have movies etc but the answers were basically tough and Sky charge £10 for the same thing so think yourself lucky.
0 Kudos
melanieb1
Just joined
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andy, that was not advised or made clear in the brochure!  Don't suppose you know how much do you?

0 Kudos
melanieb1
Just joined
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Whoops, apologies, just seen other post

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Plenty of rumours Sky may drop the HD supplement on the movie channels, but at the same time increase the price for those that don't take HD already..

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
fatblokefletch
Well-informed
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That would make sense ... crafty !
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi melanieb1,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that the Sky Sports HD channels aren't working.  If this is a subscription issue, you'll need to contact our care team to check this out for you.   I'm sure we can sort this out, please let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

You can reach our team on 150 Free from any Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.  Alternatively you can chat to our online chat team via Contact Us.

Let me know how you get on, all the best.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos