Menu
Ade78
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New customer wondering why I left sky

3 weeks since installation. Error 319 every day across various programmes with a "fix date " that keeps moving further back. Every recording done so far has moments of pixelation, freezing and silence, slow transitions between screens and for my first bill you want me to pay almost £200. Can't contact anyone via a live chat function and not prepared to sit for an eternity on a "customer service " line. Anyone care to comment and provide some acceptable customer service??
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New customer wondering why I left sky

If you are getting pixelisation then signal levels need testing, which the forum team can do from their end. Give it a day or so & they should pick up on this thread.

Most of us have had problems with different providers at some time. I had no end of problems with Sky, although that was many years ago before cable was available.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
barmyarmy66
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The broadband I get (and have had for years) is second to none and the single reason I stay.

Their TV is second to EVERYONE bar none and not worth their fees!
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ade78 wrote:
3 weeks since installation. Error 319 every day across various programmes with a "fix date " that keeps moving further back. Every recording done so far has moments of pixelation, freezing and silence, slow transitions between screens and for my first bill you want me to pay almost £200. Can't contact anyone via a live chat function and not prepared to sit for an eternity on a "customer service " line. Anyone care to comment and provide some acceptable customer service??

Morning Ade.

If you've tried dealing with the offshore customer service staff you'll be getting nowhere.  Try the UK based Retentions Team during normal office hours in the working week ...  150 on a Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other phone and follow the prompts  1 > 4 > 5 to 'Your thinking of leaving us'.  The team deal with a lot more than just retentions and may be able to get you some sensible answers.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ade78

I'm so sorry to learn about the service you've received lately, it's not what we want for you at all.

I've been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end for you, we're detecting some errors with the hard drive since your last reboot and there are also some incoming signal issues which I'd like to request is looked at in more detail.

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. Apologies for the inconvenience you've experienced again, we're looking forward to getting this sorted.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos