Menu
RG2064
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New connection in a rental

I've just moved into a rented flat, where the landlord said Virgin tv was set up ready to go. I've connected my tv to the Virgin cable box coming out of the wall. The tv is saying there's no signal. I've never had cable before so I'm not sure how it all works. Is there something else I need to do? The box was recently painted over when the walls were done (including the metal screw end), I don't know if that would affect anything?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
HiDeFZeN
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New connection in a rental

Sorry if this sounds silly, but have you subscribed to a service or has the landlord...? Also the way you have worded it is that you have connected your cable from tv directly to the incoming box with no mention of a Tivo box. Is this the case....?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
HiDeFZeN
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes. A box with subscription is required.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It requires a subscription AND a TiVO or V6 box provided directly by Virgin. Any boxes you see for sale are illegal & will not work. If your landlord is providing the service he will also have to contact Virgin to provision the box.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
HiDeFZeN
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Sorry if this sounds silly, but have you subscribed to a service or has the landlord...? Also the way you have worded it is that you have connected your cable from tv directly to the incoming box with no mention of a Tivo box. Is this the case....?
0 Kudos
RG2064
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was told cable tv was included, so I assume my landlord is subscribed. I haven't connected a Tivo box, there isn't one here, that I'm aware of. I assume that's the issue then, that for it to work it needs to go through a Tivo box?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HiDeFZeN
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes. A box with subscription is required.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It requires a subscription AND a TiVO or V6 box provided directly by Virgin. Any boxes you see for sale are illegal & will not work. If your landlord is providing the service he will also have to contact Virgin to provision the box.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
RG2064
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks to both of you

0 Kudos