Menu
Johnny1983
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New channels

Hi virgin
I've noticed on your media boy website forum that you've been testing the fox news channel since 1st July this year. When do you expect it to be released into your channel listings? We are now in September 😐. Do channels take more than 2 month to test? I'm only asking as I do quite like the fox news channel ☺.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New channels

Firstly, Media Boy's site is totally independent & not connected to Virgin Media. This forum is the only official outlet for Virgin Media information, so all other information you get from elsewhere (excluding VM's website/twitter feed etc) should be treated as speculation.

Virgin quite possibly are carrying test or future channels on the network, but won't allow customers access to them unless there is an agreement with the channels owner to do so.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unless the channel's owner announces it beforehand, you won't hear anything before it actually appears, if indeed it does at all. As I said, this is all speculation on the part of people who are not part of Virgin Media.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Firstly, Media Boy's site is totally independent & not connected to Virgin Media. This forum is the only official outlet for Virgin Media information, so all other information you get from elsewhere (excluding VM's website/twitter feed etc) should be treated as speculation.

Virgin quite possibly are carrying test or future channels on the network, but won't allow customers access to them unless there is an agreement with the channels owner to do so.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Johnny1983
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ok. So when do you expect fox news to be released onto your channel listings?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unless the channel's owner announces it beforehand, you won't hear anything before it actually appears, if indeed it does at all. As I said, this is all speculation on the part of people who are not part of Virgin Media.

SU1617jpeg.jpg