Menu
Moliver
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New build

Hi, 

I am moving into a pre-cabled new build with Barratt homes. Barratt have a deal with Virgin for 3 months free TV, Broadband + Phone. The site office have activated the referral which prompted someone to try and call me.

Unfortunately I missed the call from  0800 *** 7100 I have tried calling but could not be helped.

Can someone provide me with the correct number to call?

Thanks 

Mandy

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New build

I have a feeling your best bet might be to try to give the Sales team a ring.

If they're actually in the UK you might stand good a chance of getting things sorted. Failing that, ask the site office if they have the details they used to contact VM to start with.

Either way, congratulations on actually getting a new build with VM cable pre-laid! First one I've heard of!

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I have a feeling your best bet might be to try to give the Sales team a ring.

If they're actually in the UK you might stand good a chance of getting things sorted. Failing that, ask the site office if they have the details they used to contact VM to start with.

Either way, congratulations on actually getting a new build with VM cable pre-laid! First one I've heard of!

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mandy

Thanks for joining us on the forums and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the New Build property you would like services in with us.

Did you get a chance to get in touch with our Sales team as suggested by @PrinterElf?

If not it would be great if you could give them a call on 0800 183 1234 where they will be able to look into this for you.

If they are not able to support you with this then please just pop back and let us know and we'll chase this for you with the New Build teams to see if the address is showing on the system ready to go.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Moliver
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

I did go to your sales team who advised that it was the new build team, but upon contacting your new built team the advised that it was the growth team.

I got fed up, however my boyfriend spoke to someone else at your sales department who has said an installer will be out in the next 10 days (approx 5 days ago) to ensure that our connection is live.

Once this is done we have to call back again.

It has been difficult and as this seems to be new practice to pre install Virgin to new homes it may be best to set up a direct line for new home buyers.

Many thanks
Mandy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mandy

I appreciate what you have been through here and I am here if you need me for any further help.

I do directly liaise with New Build and Growth a lot within the remit of my role on the forums so if you need further support on this just let me know Smiley Happy

Take care,

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Moliver
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you karen, we have contacted an alternative supplier yesterday who are installing tomorrow.

Many thanks
Mandy
0 Kudos
brain82
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's quite poor for virgin to market an offer to people moving into new builds and when the people spend time filling out the form, signing and scanning it, the team don't bother to get in touch.

We have tried calling the new builds team probably a dozen times and couldn't get through. We even tried to call sales to sign up but we were told they couldn't sign us up because our address was with the new builds team.

Pretty frustrating experience to say the least.
0 Kudos
ClareM
Just joined
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

I've had issues with a Virgin sales team trying to get this offer sorted, I no longer have the correct contact within my new home build for my development.

Is there anyway you can help? We have installation booked but it has not been put through with any new build offer?

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ClaireM

Did you call the National Home Builders team on 0800 073 7100?

If not, if you could call that team they are the ones who opt customers in for the 3 months free offer in conjunction with Barratt Homes

Let us know how this goes.

Kind regards

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos