Menu
Quadrapete
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New Virgin + HD box not working

Hi, I've had Virgin installed for 3 or 4 months now and were given a V+ box as a second box. We've been doing some work on the house so didn't install the 2nd box until today. The problem is the box just keeps cycling between Ld30/40, Pl30/40/48 and then counts up to Ap52 in a continuous cycle - I can't get any channels on the TV.

I've read that this can be an issue with either the box or the signal - the signal on our TiVo box is fine so presume it's not that? I've tried switching the box on and off and also unscrewing/re-attaching the white Virgin cable but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Pete
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Virgin + HD box not working

If the box has never been connected to the the network, then it is 1) not authorised, & 2) not attached to your account. You need to phone Virgin & ensure they have the serial number of the box & the viewing card number on your account. They will then pair the box with the viewing card & should be able to activate it for you.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Quadrapete
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate your help chaps, will give 150 a bash
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Quadrapete,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're getting multiple error codes on your V+ box.

If the box has not been used then it's possibly lost the signal. I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I've sent these signals down the line to try and get it activated again for you.

Could you please perform a restart? Does the service now work?

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos