Menu
PeteMead
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New V6 Box

Just had an engineer visit to sort out a problem with my TiVo box, When we told him we were fed up with VM and would be returning to SKY as soon as our contract was up he proceeded to tell us about the new V6 box which apparently was launched today and that we could probably get an upgrade. No news on internet from VM on this launch, did it happen and when can we (current customers) get this if wanted along of course with costs etc?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 Box

Hi PeteMead,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your TiVo®.

The new Virgin TV V6 Box hasn't actually been released, we have yet to announce a launch date for it. Until we do, please check out our Virgin TV V6 Box site for more information and to register your interest.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jeremy_Bentham
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The registration page errors when you submit your details:

"Sorry, we couldn't find you in the system."

I guess the site is powered by the current TiVo software!!

deepanshus
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

same here, it says "Sorry, we couldn't find you in the system." Perhaps they have made it open to some customers like a soft launch.

DeepS

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Jeremy_Bentham,

Really very sorry for the issue experienced.

I've located your account and there does appear to be some level issues present with your TiVo® and I would like to arrange for an engineer to visit.

I've sent you a private message for us to chat some more.

Speak soon,

Nat.

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
creynolds1956
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

According to the press, the V6 box is launched today (30 Nov).  Talked to customer services who haven't got a clue despite it being all over the press.  The Indian customer services team told be it wouldn't be out until January!!! The TiVo box is so awful it needs to be replaced soonest

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

creynolds1956 wrote:

According to the press, the V6 box is launched today (30 Nov).  Talked to customer services who haven't got a clue despite it being all over the press.  The Indian customer services team told be it wouldn't be out until January!!! The TiVo box is so awful it needs to be replaced soonest

As usual, this is the press putting two & two together & making seven. It was announced something would be launched today by VM sometime ago on their business twitter feed. At no time did they say what it was, & several other things are still I the pipeline.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There ya go!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/News/Game-changing-Virgin-TV-launch/ba-p/3269538

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos