Menu
annoyed2017
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New V+ box delivered - not working - mode unsupported

Hi I have just got a replacement V+ box as the old one stopped working (it just got stuck). I plugged the new one all in and this won't work. The TV says 'mode unsupported'.  I've checked its on HDMI, switched them both on and off several times, still no luck. The box won't budge, the remote (I'm using my old one as no new one was sent !!) doesn't do anything.

Help someone!!!  So frustrated. I've had no TV upstairs for nearly three weeks now, ridiculous when I'm paying for this service.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V+ box delivered - not working - mode unsupported

This is because you have a really old Samsung tv that cant display video at 576i over HDMI.  If you plug in a scart lead to get a picture and change the video output of the box to 1080 you will then be able to get a picture using the HDMI lead.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V+ box delivered - not working - mode unsupported

At initial startup the V+ outputs at 576i resolution. If your TV does not support this you will get this message.

What is the front display on the box showing?

If the box has not initialised it will stick at LD:30 or 40 & you will need assistance from customer services.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos