Menu
dbnffc
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New TiVo Box Issues

Good afternoon,

I had a second TiVo box installed by an engineer yesterday (which should have been originally installed with the first box but there were issues with the order). There is now an error message stating the following:

"Sorry, there seems to be a problem. To fix this please call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or, on 0345 454 1111 from any other phone"

I can't view all channels and this message won't go either. The box is also not connecting to the home internet network (the engineer has not plugged it in with an Ethernet cable so assumed it was wirelessly connected as it is in a separate room to my router).

Please advise, as this has now added to the frustration of having to wait 3-4 weeks for the second box which should have been installed with the first box.

Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TiVo Box Issues

The issue with not having all the channels can be fixed by phoning in and getting a signal sent to the box, connecting to the ethernet is not a part of the engineers remit

The only thing connecting to the ethernet does is allow network remote control casting to the box for netflix and youtube, connection an ethernet cable to the box needs to be done by the customer

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dbnffc,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with this.

I've sent a signal hit to the box in question to try and resolve the issue. All you need to do is reboot the box at the mains and see if the channels work.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dbnffc
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh.

Unfortunately I still have the error message saying there seems to be a problem. When I go to the Home screen it has a message saying

"Account Information

You have recently had an issue on your account. If you are still experiencing reduced functionality, call us on 150 from your Virgin Media home phone or mobile, or, on 0345 454 1111."

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Dbnffc,

Cheers for the message back to me so soon. I've been looking into this and I've not been able to see any detectable faults on the TiVo, which is good. I would recommend calling in on 150/ 0345 454 1111 Smiley Happy

Thank you and let me know how you get on. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos