Menu
drumsticks
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New TV, sound vibrating?

Having bought a new TV, the sound is vibrating, and the yellow boxes that indicate the volume when increasing/decreasing not there?

OK, I bought a new TV from Tesco. The make is Digihome. Connected the scart from the box to the TV. Virgin working well. However, when I increase/decrease the sound, the yellow boxes I had on the old TV indicating the volume not there. Instead, I get the sliding scale that the TV itself has. Same as when I select freeview. The sliding scale when increasing/decreasing sound. Also getting sound vibrating that never had on old TV?

Does anyone know why this is happening? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New TV, sound vibrating?

Hi drumsticks,

Thanks for coming by Smiley Happy

I think I know what may be happening here.  It sounds like with the previous TV set the volume was controlled on the set top box itself.  Now it's controlling the volume on the TV set instead.  Have you or anyone in the home programmed the volume controls in?

Here's our Virgin Media Remote Control Codes guide.  It explains how the volume control can be setup using our remote control.

Let me know how things are today?  I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
drumsticks
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can control the volume either by my TV remote or by my Virgin one. Tried all variations without success. Putting the Virgin down to zero and only using the TV remote, and vice versa.

On the old TV, when I controlled the volume by the Virgin remote, there was a series of yellow boxes across the screen. The more the volume was reduced, so the amount of yellow boxes was reduced. On the old TV, if I used the TV remote, there was a sliding scale showing that also reduced when the volume was reduced. Now on the new TV, I only have the sliding scale with whatever remote I'm using.

However, last week must have touched something on one of the remotes, as the yellow boxes returned when using the Virgin remote? And sound was better. Then again, may have touched something a second time, as the yellow boxes have gone? Back to the sliding scale with both remotes. Also, when using Freeview today, was still able to control volume with the Virgin remote. And that is with the Virgin box turned off! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi drumsticks,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

It sounds like the Virgin remote control is working fine, it's just controlling the volume on the TV set instead of the box itself.  The remote controls are designed to do this, though it normally requires you to programme it in manually.

You mentioned that you're getting a vibrating sound, is this still happening?  If so let me know.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos