Menu
artyrambler
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New TV has No Scart plug, can't connect

I have a shiny new TV that has no scart socket. As I have a very old Virgin Box, how on earth do I connect to my TV please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New TV has No Scart plug, can't connect

What model TV is it? Some have miniature RGB plugs which let you use an adaptor like this one for certain Samsung TVs GENUINE SAMSUNG LED LCD & PLASMA SCART ADAPTOR CABLE LEAD CONNECTOR ADAPTER BN39-01154F / BN39-01154...

The scart connector carries video and audio data, ypbpr (component video) or RGB are video only, so you would need an audio input as well (or separate sound bar).

Pop the TV model on here, someone should be able to advise 

The easiest thing to do would 

What model TV is it? Some have miniature RGB plugs which let you use an adaptor like this one for certain Samsung TVs GENUINE SAMSUNG LED LCD & PLASMA SCART ADAPTOR CABLE LEAD CONNECTOR ADAPTER BN39-01154F / BN39-01154A https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005POM8WO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_vNKnxbB5AF34M
The scart connector carries video and audio data, ypbpr (component video) or RGB are video only, so you would need an audio input as well (or separate sound bar).

Pop the TV model on here, someone should be able to advise you, the easiest thing would be to talk to Virgin about replacing/upgrading the box. 

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You will need to upgrade your TV box from virgin or buy a scart to phono cable
0 Kudos
artyrambler
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They seem to have 3 leads? My TV has hdmi sockets, AV in (mini) and ypbpr, vga,usb but not three colour sockets?

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What model TV is it? Some have miniature RGB plugs which let you use an adaptor like this one for certain Samsung TVs GENUINE SAMSUNG LED LCD & PLASMA SCART ADAPTOR CABLE LEAD CONNECTOR ADAPTER BN39-01154F / BN39-01154...

Pop the TV model on here, someone should be able to advise 

The easiest thing to do would 

What model TV is it? Some have miniature RGB plugs which let you use an adaptor like this one for certain Samsung TVs GENUINE SAMSUNG LED LCD & PLASMA SCART ADAPTOR CABLE LEAD CONNECTOR ADAPTER BN39-01154F / BN39-01154A https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005POM8WO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_vNKnxbB5AF34M

Pop the TV model on here, someone should be able to advise you, the easiest thing would be to talk to Virgin about replacing/upgrading the box. 

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
0 Kudos
artyrambler
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a Blaupunkt 32/1331 wb 118 and thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Argy
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I couldn't find an exact match for your TV. Could it be 11B, not 118?

If it is, the manual can be found here http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/instruction-manuals/Blaupunkt-brand/32%20Models/User%20Guide%20-%2032-133I-W...

Page 8 details what you should have in the box, pages 14-15 show the connection option. I'm guessing you need to choose one of the options on page 14 "Connecting to a device with SCART output (using SCART to AV cable)"

0 Kudos