Menu
zombie1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New HD box keeps switching itself off - anybody any ideas?

New HD box switches itself off overnight - anybody any ideas , new Panasonic TV , have already switched off

loads of things - mb

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New HD box keeps switching itself off - anybody any ideas?

Hi there zombie1, 

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm sorry to hear that your new HD box switches itself off overnight. 

I've run some testing on the set top box, and can see that it is reporting some issues, so would like to look into booking a technician to call out and investigate further for you.

I've sent you a private message in order to get things going with this, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there zombie1, 

Just thought I'd check to see if you've been able to view my private message from last night, as I've yet to have a reply. 

If you'd like for me to arrange a technician to call out and investigate the issues with your VHD box, please let me know. 

Cheers

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
zombie1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response , have been looking further into it myself. Seems that any

HD box fitted after June 2014 is now set by default to power down after three hours of non use..

It is then powered back up by selecting the home button on the remote - there is also an option

to alter this in the settings menu , is this all correct? I work away from home and was not at home

when the box was fitted, non of this was explained to my wife , the information has been found via

the internet , in addition I think I am correct in saying that in addition to the HDMI cable a scart connection

should be fitted , this  I fitted as it had been removed from the old box but not fitted to the new one.

Hopefully there will be no more issues , if there are I would politely ask for a weekend appointment.

Again thanks for the response

Zombie1 !

0 Kudos