Menu
pageyboy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Customer Query

I have been a Virgin broadband customer for some time. I decided to make the switch for my TV service last week and an engineer came out on Friday 16th to install our Tivo box. I was a little concerned as the capacity of this is 500gb and we had a Sky box that hold 2TB of information. I enquired about the new V6 box before going ahead with the above and I was told the new V6 is just out and would incur a £65 installation fee. Obviously wanting to keep costs down I opted for the Full House package which included the Tivo 500gb box anyway.

I happened to log into my account today to check my bill and I noticed that Virgin are offering the V6 as standard on the Full House package (this wasn't the case last week). It has only been a matter of days since my install. Was I just unlucky and is there anything I can do to change this and would the fee be included regardless?

Lastly the Virgin website says that the Full House package comes with 300mb in my area. I am receiving 200mb on a Virgin 2a/c router at the moment. Did I lose out again just for the sake of waiting a few days. If I'd have known I would have waited a week.

Any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer Query

You can cancel within 14 days of install so I would be calling up to cancel today.. they should offer you a v6
0 Kudos
pageyboy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response.

I am thinking this is probably the only thing I can do. It's a shame the Virgin team couldn't have told me at the time that the package was going to change to include the V6 within a week or I would have waited. Instead of taking something on and then cancelling to get something that's now included anyway.
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can see both points of view, telling customers not to sign up for a week doesn't make good business sense
0 Kudos
pageyboy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I managed to get something sorted out with Virgin today. Their staff and the engineer that came out to the house to do the install have been really helpful so far. Really happy with the service.
0 Kudos