Menu
Lima6
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New Craft Channels HOCHANDA and The Craft Channel

There are two new Craft based channels starting up over the next three weeks but neither of them are able to say if they will be able to be available on Virgin. If Channels are available on FreeView/FreeSat then surely Virgin should also make them available to their customers - there are certainly plenty of Virgin customers posting on Facebook pages of these two companies upset that they are being left out. 

Please extend an invitation to these two channels to join Virgin - there are a lot of crafters about who are your customers who would be eternally grateful!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Craft Channels HOCHANDA and The Craft Channel

Lima6 wrote:

There are two new Craft based channels starting up over the next three weeks but neither of them are able to say if they will be able to be available on Virgin. If Channels are available on FreeView/FreeSat then surely Virgin should also make them available to their customers - there are certainly plenty of Virgin customers posting on Facebook pages of these two companies upset that they are being left out. 

Please extend an invitation to these two channels to join Virgin - there are a lot of crafters about who are your customers who would be eternally grateful!

Just because channels are free to the customer does not make them free to the broadcaster. There is a cost involved with every platform they join. Virgin has the smallest "free" (TV M is not actually free, as you have to take a landline as well) audiance, & Virgins costs are higher as they operate their own network & boxes.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Metallicjin
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

YES!!! we want these channels.... Why do the crafters have to wait?? If it was Sport, it would be a rush from Virgin to have the Channels.... It is amazing the number of unhappy virgin customers who have posted on the Facebook pages of the channels...
Metallicjin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

BUT - they grab all the sport channels?
Deedeew
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'd love to have these two new channels too!  Do we have to switch to Sky or Freeview to get them?  I totally agree with you about the Sport Channels.  I never watch them, but I have to pay for them in my package.  How about Virgin giving us something back?  We are subsidising the Sport Channels!

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Deedeew wrote:

I'd love to have these two new channels too!  Do we have to switch to Sky or Freeview to get them?  I totally agree with you about the Sport Channels.  I never watch them, but I have to pay for them in my package.  How about Virgin giving us something back?  We are subsidising the Sport Channels!

It actually costs Virgin several million to carry the sports channels which is why the prices just went up.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Deedeew,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. It sure would be nice to give you all the latest channels but it's a little more complicated than flicking a switch. nodrogd has explained this very well.

I've replied to your post here.

I'm afraid we've got no news on these channels coming to us. If and when we do we'll be sure to put an update up here.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
donnamathome
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looks like I will have to leave virgin then and go to sky if your not carrying the channels. Sorry virgin

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

donnamathome wrote:

Looks like I will have to leave virgin then and go to sky if your not carrying the channels. Sorry virgin

Considering that all TV's now have Freeview built in, & installing a Freeview aerial is good as a backup ( & is a "required" with Hybrid TV services like BT & TalkTalk TV services). Switching to Sky seems a bit of overkill.

You will see many complaints here about price rises next month. More channels means more costs & even higher prices. No win situation.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

0 Kudos
donnamathome
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I dont have a new tv. The tv I have used to have freeview but sadly when we had virgin installed the chap whom came was struggling to say the least and cut through some cables etc (all documented on my account) since then freeview does not work so as I am not techy it seems easier to leave