Menu
Elizabethanne94
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New Barratt house and Virgin Media

My partner and I have just recently moved into a new build Barratt house. We were told that the house would be prewired and prepared for Virgin if we desired it. We were also told that it we filled out the appropriate forms we would get 3 months of Virgin's Big Kahuna package for free. We were thrilled about this as we were wanting Virgin Media before we even looked at the house, so we filled out all the forms and sent them off (about 2 months before we moved in).

We have moved into the house now and we were told that we would be contacted by an engineer to come and hook us up, this however has not yet happened. We have ports with Virgin Media logos on in the living room and master bedroom and we have wires sticking out of the wall outside the house. We've been told everything is ready we just require an engineer to come hook it all up!

After speaking to other people on the street, some have lived here much longer than us and still haven't heard anything either. There are other houses on the estate that have been built a good few months longer than ours and they have been hooked up.

I have been onto the sale advisor and she tells me she has chased it up but nothing has come of this. My partner and I need the Internet for our jobs and it's becoming increasingly frustrating!

Please let me know what I can do!
Thanks.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Barratt house and Virgin Media

Hi Elizabethanne94, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us and even better that you are wanting Virgin Media installed in your new home. 

We'll need to take a look at this for you in more detail. In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos