Menu
simonmartin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix

HI

WHY IS IT THAT IN THE EVENING AT AROUND 8PM AND 9PM NETFLIX WILL NOT WORK OR KEEPS BUFFERING EVER 2 MINS WHEN TRYING TO WATCH SOMETHINK IT IS MOST ANNOYING

CAN ANY ONE AT VIRGIN MEDIA COMMENT ON THIS PLEASE AT THE MOMENT IT ABOUT THE BEST CHANNEL ON VIRGIN

SIMON DODGSON

0 Kudos
bluesaffliction
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix

simonmartin wrote:

HI

WHY IS IT THAT IN THE EVENING AT AROUND 8PM AND 9PM NETFLIX WILL NOT WORK OR KEEPS BUFFERING EVER 2 MINS WHEN TRYING TO WATCH SOMETHINK IT IS MOST ANNOYING

CAN ANY ONE AT VIRGIN MEDIA COMMENT ON THIS PLEASE AT THE MOMENT IT ABOUT THE BEST CHANNEL ON VIRGIN

SIMON DODGSON

To try and isolate whether this is an issue with your internet connection or your device when you get the annoying buffering login to netflix on your computer watch some content. Does it exhibit the same behaviour? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you are expeirencing issues with Netflix at peak times.

I can confirm that this is an issue we are already aware of and are already working with the relevant people to get this resolved.

I have checked over your account to make sure all is well and your box stats and internet conenction are exactly what they should be so there is nothing you can do personally to improve this.

There is currently no estimated fix time for this issue but i'm positive we'll be able to release a fix for this soon.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
simonmartin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY

SIMON

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No problem what so ever Simon.

We have the Community here available to help but we're also here 7 days a week so if you need anything, you know where to come Smiley Very Happy

Take Care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ken166
Settling in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am experiencing this too. My Netflix will suddenly freeze, drop out saying its 25% loaded then ask for us to try again later. Sometimes it restarts first time other times we have to retry several times. I've seen this problem discussed on other forums. Given the original comment above was a long time ago and there's been no update has there been a fix or is this ongoing?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ken166,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you too are having an issue with Netflix. 

I've taken a look at the account to ensure there is nothing stats wise affecting you and can confirm everything is looking good. 

This was something that was resolved however it recently came back with a vengeance. 

We are now working with Netflix on another fix and hope to have one soon. Keep an eye on the forums as we'll be posting updates when we have any news. In the meantime you can continue to enjoy Netflix online: www.netflix.com or by downloading their app.

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos