Menu
leviolver
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Netflix so slow on Virgin

Anyone know why Netflix runs so intermittently on Virgin TV? Virgin Internet is supposed to be one of the best yet streaming/ buffering on Netflix is really poor.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix so slow on Virgin

HI leviolver

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your TV service and Netflix at the moment. 

I've located your account to run some tests on the line from our end for you, we're not seeing any issues from our end at the moment though. Are you noticing these issues occur at certain times of the day or is it seemingly random? 

Also, are you having any problems accessing On Demand or Catch Up? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
leviolver
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig. No on demand or catch up services available for last 2 weeks. I have tried calling but can never get through. Spoke to someone on chat who said there was a power shortage on router and an engineer is coming out this Saturday.

Really ridiculous to be paying for services that I cannot access. Also subscribing to Netflix but Virgin Tivo Box prevents me from accessing it.

Simply get " this service is unavailable at this time". If it happens to be at a busy time that surely isn't my problem but rather Virgins. Simply using "peak hours" as an excuse isn't valid. If your systems cannot cope with demand rather accept fewer subscribers and offer a better service.

Please can you send me a number to get in touch with someone. The usual number directs me via a long selection of numbers and then I never get to speak to anyone. There must be a direct option for specif8c cases?

Regards,
Levi
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Levi

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm sorry again for the problems you're experiencing with your service at the moment. 

I'm glad to hear that an engineers appointment has been planned and I'd love to hear how that goes. In terms of getting in touch with us by phone, there is only dialling 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 and selecting the relevant option available. The options you'll hear will direct you through to the department you wish to speak to.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos