Menu
Garchew
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Netflix 25%

Hi

For some time now Netflix keeps jamming at 25%.  It now happens every time I try to watch something.  To fix it I have to turn the box on then back on but then it happens again.  And no this does not happen on Iplayer or other services and I do not get kicked out.  

Arrgghhhh this has happened again... So annoying. 

do you have a fix yet Virgin or at least know what the problem is.  There are lots of people complaining and I have not seen an answer yet.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Garchew
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix 25%

Come on Virgin why have you not responded. Is it because you can not figure out the answer.

We put a man on the moon over 50 years ago with a computer the size of my wrist watch.  Virgin can't even fix a Netfilx bug!!! Useless!!!!!

Garchew wrote:

Hi

For some time now Netflix keeps jamming at 25%.  It now happens every time I try to watch something.  To fix it I have to turn the box on then back on but then it happens again.  And no this does not happen on Iplayer or other services and I do not get kicked out.  

Arrgghhhh this has happened again... So annoying. 

do you have a fix yet Virgin or at least know what the problem is.  There are lots of people complaining and I have not seen an answer yet.

Garchew
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's happened again... Why oh why do Virgin not deal with this... Mabel because we all pay a monthly subscription and they do not care.  Other than telling us to turn it off and turn it on again... Oh and blame it on someone else... Useles!!!

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I suspect that VM are clueless rather than care-less in this case. i don't think they wrote the tivo app

I would try signing out of the netflix app on the tivo then signing back in. 

like the forum staff, I don't use tivo netflix - well hardly ever because it takes forever to load -  but I know that the netflix apps I do use on TV , PC all have a sign out of netflix option within netflix help, and also a check network option which will test the connections to netflix servers. a stall at 25% usually indicates a failure to connect to a netflix server, or a failure to complete a what country are you in check. google netflix 25%

if tivo has no sign out- than you can more drastically go to netflix web site and force a deactivate all devices, then sign them all back in agian one by one

you can also contact netflix help - who actually speak good english and understand stuff, unlike the indian script -reading muppets that VM employ

and if all that fails, I'd watch my saved shows & then insist on a tivo swap out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garchew, 

Many thanks for you posts and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry to learn about the Netflix and it buffering at 25%. I have been able to run some tests but haven't seen anything amiss this end. 

Can you please tell me if this is still ongoing?

Many thanks. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

yes it's annoying to have offered several suggestions and then get no feedback as to whether the issue is solved

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garchew,

I just wanted to pop by and let you know that we are continuing to work on an issue with Netflix cutting out at 25%, buffering etc.

I know we're all keen to have an update on the issue and as soon as we know more we shall share to all concerned.

In the meantime I have taken a look at your TiVo® remotely to check for any other possible underlying issues, at present all is looking great signal wise and there's no network issues present.

At the moment we are working to resolve this issue regarding Netflix, as soon as we know more, we will let you know.

Thank you for your patience.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos