Menu
miketombs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Netfix keeps dropping

For the last couple of weeks Netflix stops working partway through a programme. I get an initial error that says that it appears we aren't connected to the internet, then after closing netflix, an error A01 that says the app is temporarily unavailable. I have to close everything, put the box into standby, then start all over. Normally have to do that once, sometimes twice. I them go back into netflix, find the programme, and 'resume' watching. Everything is then fine for an hour or more, and the fault recurs. Since it started happening we've never had a day when it hasn't dropped at least once.

I've seen a couple of other error messages in the middle of this. C501 rings a bell, can't remember the other one.

When I first contacted Virgin they said that Netflix was being upgraded (????). Now they just say they are aware of the fault, that it has been escalated, but they have no further information.

Two weeks is a long time to wait with no progress.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netfix keeps dropping

Hi miketombs

I'm really sorry to learn about the problem you're experiencing with Netflix on your set top box at the moment. 

We're aware of an issue that causes the program stops working on the 25% buffered mark, although this doesn't usually play part way through, then stop.

I've been able to locate your account and run some tests on the set top box from our end, we're detecting some very minor issues with it from our end, give the TiVo a reboot after reading this message and let me know.

If it's still the same after that, we'll want to arrange for further action to be taken for you.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
miketombs
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've rebooted the Tivo box and the problem is still happening. Probably sloppy description on my part though - part-way through watching a programme on Netflix it will start to buffer and get stuck at 25%. We then sometimes get a message that the internet isn't connected, sometimes get another message that some of the apps are temporarily unavailable. Normally we end up turning everything off then on again. REALLY irritating - it's been going on for a couple of weeks now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi miketombs,

Thank you for getting back to us with that information. I'm sorry that the Netflix buffering and connection to the TiVo® apps problem is still on-going. I'd like to get this sorted out for you.

I've re-run testing to your TiVo® and can still see issues with the box that could be causing these problems. I will need to get an engineer out to you in order to get this problem fixed.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details so that I can arrange an appointment for you. Just check the red envelope at the top left of this page. 

Speak soon.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
miketombs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fixed for a few days then back to faulty again. Virgin call centre say it's a fault they've been aware of since the end of June, and have no idea when it's going to be fixed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was away last week.

I have run testing to your TiVo® box again and I'm still seeing problems with the signal. While there is an issue with Netflix buffering that we are aware of and our engineers are still working on this, the issue that the testing is flagging up could also be causing a problem with the TiVo® apps--including Netflix. I apologise that this was not picked up by my colleague when you called in.

I have responded to your PM asking for further details so we can get an engineer to investigate the signal issue.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos