Menu
highroyds
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Neighbours services cut out

Hey all,

I'm hoping someone can give advice or help out.

When my neighbour had all his services installed he hadn't noticed that the Virgin Media installer hadn't laid the cable from the path to under his garden correctly and had wires exposed.  This was only brought to light after a council worker had cut through the cable by accident (not all the way through).

Now he called the help line up and was told someone would be out today to fix the issue.  Someone did turn up, but the engineer said that the issue couldn't be fixed by him and completely cut the cable (maybe to make it safe) and he would need to wait until June before it would be completely fixed.

So he phoned up the help line with my help and was told that they couldn't do anything but he would still have to pay his bill, so he decided to cancel the contract until he was told that it would cost him £200 to end the contract.

All he wants is his services restored well before June, so any help or advice would be grateful.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Neighbours services cut out

Refunds on your services can be claimed when they are restored, which is normal practice.

It is likely that due to where the cable has been cut it cannot be jointed, so the entire drop line to the cabinet must now be re-pulled. These jobs are normally done by outside contractors & not VM, so there can be a wait involved. 2 to 3 weeks is not unusual.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Refunds on your services can be claimed when they are restored, which is normal practice.

It is likely that due to where the cable has been cut it cannot be jointed, so the entire drop line to the cabinet must now be re-pulled. These jobs are normally done by outside contractors & not VM, so there can be a wait involved. 2 to 3 weeks is not unusual.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

highroyds
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Smiley Happy  I'll pass that onto them

0 Kudos