Menu
Mark_R
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

'NEW' Programme Identifier

hi there

since a few weeks back certain programmes across various channels on my V+ tv guide are being prefixed with the word 'NEW' and so they are recording with that in the title and nearly everything is in my recordings under N, not under the letter for the name of the programme

there may well be other programmes this is allocated to but ive not looked out for them

the most annoying part of this is that its not always so, for e.g Quantico, epsiodes 1-7 were marked as new, but not 8&9, however the upcoming episode #10 on 12/05 is

why is this happening, is it known to you virginmedia ? sorry i did try a search but with a 3 letter keyword 'new' its not easy

pls see attached photo for e.g

regards

Mark

PS - this is not happening on my tivo box epg

IMG_6392.JPG

0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'NEW' Programme Identifier

We were discussing this here previously

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Series-Link-on-V/m-p/3086600#M132074

but nobody came back to us about it. I agree it is a bit annoying.

0 Kudos
Mark_R
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks for spotting that 

now i find it even more annoying that it has been reported before and nothing done about it

thats very unusual for this board, the staff here are usually good and come back on all matter

where have they gone Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I just wanted to pop by and pass on some information for you that maybe useful regarding the TV Guide content.

Currently, as it stands the content seen is how it is sent to us by the content provider.  They choose what goes in the Title/synopsis etc.  We're unable to edit this information so at present we're unable to make any amendments.  

We're looking for a better way so if we hear anything new on this.  We shall let you know.  

Cheers.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lindzi
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us, it is appreciated.
0 Kudos
Mark_R
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply, but can i ask you please to look further into the matter in this in this instance as i do find it a bit odd that

a) at the same time, at least 3 different content providers all decided to start prefixing their titles 'New:' at around the same time and thats just from my screenshot, i believe there's many other providers on the other thread

b) these prefixes appear on my epg for my v+hd box, but not my tivo box, do itv really provide virginmedia with two contents lists per channel 

lindzi
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That is a very good point.

I only have a V+ and Vhd box and so didn't realise the Tivo didn't list programmes this way. Why would all these channel providers change this at the same time and differently for V+ and Tivo?

0 Kudos