Menu
Tsaward
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

NEED HELP! asap

So basically my dad is having a lot of trouble paying the bill it's £200 and we've been cut off for about a week now there's no way he can pay it because he is unemployed due to having a neurological problem , it's been about a week we've been cut off and i need my internet for my school work as I'm doing GCSE's soon Virgin won't lower the price until we pay our bill he is in debt with other consorts Aswell eg Thames water and EON can Virgin help ? They've been useless all the time when eve called them
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: NEED HELP! asap

How about friends and family who live closer or perhaps your school?

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you looked for other options to gain access to broadband and Internet, say at your local library?

0 Kudos
Tsaward
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nearest library is 50 mins away , I still would like to know if virgin could do anything and get me back up and running
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

How about friends and family who live closer or perhaps your school?

0 Kudos
Tsaward
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes good point , just want my package up and running.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I hate seeing posts like this as there is very little we (the community) can do except offer advice.

If you have an outstanding amount of £200 and money is owed to utility providers there is very little that VM (or any other provider) will be able to do. Services are paid for a month in advance. So you have been cut off to stop your debt increasing, not as a punishment for not paying.

The best advice I can give you is its time to reach out to other organisations, not the companies that money is owed to. Step Change are decent at what they do, Ive had friends receive help through them..

https://www.stepchange.org/

I would also be talking to DWP and see if they can support your family with an entitlement check to see if you are receiving the correct financial support for your situation. That can be done by an adult direct, or if you are in the position there is not an adult in the household who currently would be able to handle teh ins and outs of the situation, Barnarods have a help service for young carers.

Your immediate priority should be the utilities. As for internet for studies, most libraries offer free internet access, as do many government buildings. At a push, for the price of a coffee you can study in MaccyD's to your hearts content. I really don't want to patronise you, I sympathise with your position but it looks like you may have to do some out of the box thinking for next while , until things settle down with your families finances..

alexpresland
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, and hope that your dad is better and everything is sorted soon.

Could you ask your neighbours (assuming you're in range of their Wi-Fi) if you can log into theirs?  My neighbours logged into my Wi-Fi (with my permission!) when theirs had a fault.

Cheryl2
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ive tried to pay online my bill .i keep getting error server .i cant call out .i dont know what to do .can anyone help please 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cheryl

I was unable to locate your account so my apologies.

I do apologise that the system was not functioning correctly for you at the time of your post.

Have you since been able to make a payment using the My Virgin Media site? Just to reconfirm this board supports customers with Virgin Media services.

If not can you confirm if:

•     You tried this on multiple browsers
  •     You tested this on more than one device.
  •     You tried this via the app and the webpage on a desktop or tablet/phone and had the issue via both methods?

If the answer to all of the above is ‘Yes’ can you come back to me and provide a screenshot of the error message making sure all information is cropped on the page that is personal to you.

Can you then send me a PM with:

•     Your name
  •     Your address
  •     If you are the account holder.

I can then log this with IT for you.

To PM* me, simply:

Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos