Menu
Starno1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My virgin media smart card says it is invalid, no channels.. Etc..

Hi. I haven't used my virgin box in a couple of months because I thought there was a faulty wire which I have sinced replaces but now I get an error message saying that my smart card is invalid and I have no channels or TV service.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My virgin media smart card says it is invalid, no channels.. Etc..

Virgins TV boxes/cards are constantly updated by the network, so need to be left powered. If you turn the box off at the mains for more than a week or so these updates get missed & this invalidates the viewing card. You can either ring customer services on 150 from your Virgin Phone or wait here for a response from the Forum Team.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgins TV boxes/cards are constantly updated by the network, so need to be left powered. If you turn the box off at the mains for more than a week or so these updates get missed & this invalidates the viewing card. You can either ring customer services on 150 from your Virgin Phone or wait here for a response from the Forum Team.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Starno1,

Welcome to the Community!

Nodrogd's advice is absolutely spot on! Leaving the box off for lengthy periods of time can cause issues. Do you still have the same error on screen? If you do, give me a shout and I'll update the box.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos