Menu
janeyh1959
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My v+ box has rebooted itself a few times in the last couple of days

My V+ box has rebooted itself a few times in the last couple of days, when I phoned faults was told there didnt seem to be a problem, but they would do checks in the background and phone me back in a couple of days

0 Kudos
PeteH
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My v+ box has rebooted itself a few times in the last couple of days

I have the same problem, reboot overnight is common. I also have to reboot several times a day when the box freezes. My understanding is the V+ boxes are all refurbished and they are no longer manufactured. Will a replacement be any more reliable or are we expected to move to TiVo?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PeteH wrote:

I have the same problem, reboot overnight is common. I also have to reboot several times a day when the box freezes. My understanding is the V+ boxes are all refurbished and they are no longer manufactured. Will a replacement be any more reliable or are we expected to move to TiVo?

Freezing can be a box problem, but can just as easily caused by downstream signal issues, so don't consign the V+ to the bin just yet.
Sometime in the near future the TiVO will become the standard box, either with or without a hard disk (depending whether cloud storage of programmes becomes the norm). The TiVO is also the only box that can decode the newer MPEG4 compression standard needed for UHD & the like.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi janeyh1959

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV service at the moment. 

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end unfortunately, so I can do that, would you be able to respond to the private message with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page. 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos