Menu
jphilipharrison
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My second TV has stopped working it just says no signal. TiVo box has blue light.

My second TV has its own TiVo box. It suddenly stopped working ,now just says no signal. Virgin helpline guy was totally useless, after following his instructions he said you need an electrician, I asked why he said the supply is faulty. I questioned him further about this and asked how can it be when the TV shows this message and the TiVo box has the blue light showing. He then said, oh well it's the TV then that is at fault, call a TV engineer!,,,,,,!!!!!!!!! Any help much appreciated. I have only been with Virgin for 6 months I think I will change back to sky??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My second TV has stopped working it just says no signal. TiVo box has blue light.

Have you tried:

A) Rebooting the TiVO

B) Trying another HDMI or Scart lead, or tried a different input socket on the TV (to eliminate these being the cause).

You should try all of these, as if you call a VM engineer out, & the fault is not with their equipment, you risk being charged.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My second TV has stopped working it just says no signal. TiVo box has blue light.

Hi Jphilipharrison,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting for the first time. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some issues on the TV and especially with the services not coming on and the appearance of the blue light.

I can confirm that you do not need an electrician and there is a fault in the area affecting TV and any Broadband you may have. It's an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio), which can be responsible for an array of issues. The good news is that the review date is the 7th October 2015. 

Just so you can keep up to date with any records you may have, here is the ticket reference F003927817.

Thank you and hope this can be sorted for you soon.

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos