Menu
Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My internet and V box has just gone off?

Hi all

My internet and TV box (Just the standard one) just went completely off?? Smiley Sad I tried to unplug everything but the box is just stuck on APP 52. It starts off as per normal (Powering up, boot) but then gets stuck on APP 52. The internet went off as well?? I've checked the service status from my Area Reference (02) but there shouldnt be any issues.

Please help - 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Miccam01
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My internet and V box has just gone off?

Mine went and status update says problem and an engineer will sort it at 20:35 29/12/16..... don't know if that means it mine and they need access or it's the area!!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Miccam01
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Mine went and status update says problem and an engineer will sort it at 20:35 29/12/16..... don't know if that means it mine and they need access or it's the area!!
0 Kudos
Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My internet went off as well. Did yours? Ive got my boyfriend to call them as I'm at work (Fortunately with access to internet)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Miccam01 wrote:

The service status page shows details of area/national faults not individual ones affecting only your account.  The 'fix times' shown are only estimates and often get pushed back to a later time.

Miccam01
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Everything .... I'm on my phone 4g.... the box said the Ethernet cable had been disconnected and reconnect router to TiVo box.... done by the Ethernet fairies.... I was sat watching tele and no one else there!!!
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Chris2110 wrote:

Hi all

My internet and TV box (Just the standard one) just went completely off?? Smiley Sad I tried to unplug everything but the box is just stuck on APP 52. It starts off as per normal (Powering up, boot) but then gets stuck on APP 52. The internet went off as well?? I've checked the service status from my Area Reference (02) but there shouldnt be any issues.

Please help - 

Thanks in advance

My guess would a fault in the public electricity supply to the local fibre node in your area.

Keep checking the Service Status. You can also ring 0800 561 0061 which can show up smaller faults.

If it is a PES failure, when the power is restored your services will return. You VM phone should still work as there is emergency battery backup in the cabinets. 

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. 

This is all it says:

Service status

12:52 pm on Thu 29 Dec

Broadband
Think something's wrong?
Run test

TV

TV Anywhere - Android customers may find that the TV Anywhere App is unable to stream Sky Sports.

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Fix estimate
04   January 11:00

Get issue updates

Streaming Sky Sports is not really an issue though, it's the fact that everythings off and box is stuck on APP 52.
Really appreciate your help because I find all this very confusing
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Chris2110 wrote:

Thanks. 

This is all it says:

Service status

12:52 pm on Thu 29 Dec

Broadband
Think something's wrong?
Run test

TV

TV Anywhere - Android customers may find that the TV Anywhere App is unable to stream Sky Sports.

We have identified the problem and an engineer is on their way.

Fix estimate
04   January 11:00

Get issue updates

Streaming Sky Sports is not really an issue though, it's the fact that everythings off and box is stuck on APP 52.
Really appreciate your help because I find all this very confusing

As always with faults the quickest way to get it checked out is to call the fault in.  If your fault is the result of an area fault it will not show up as such on the status page until the same fault has been reported by several people in the area.

If it turns out to be a fault specific to your equipment an engineer will be allocated.  So give them a ring - The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My boyfriend is ringing them as we speak Smiley Happy Just thought maybe the fact it was stuck on APP 52 was significant (Maybe not then)

If I get any updates or if it works again, I'll let you all know.

Many thanks for all your suggestions and advise Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Chris2110
Dialled in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Everythings working again (But has gone off and back on again a few times) 

Thanks again for all your help

Happy New Year everyone Smiley Happy

0 Kudos