Menu
SARAHELLIS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My box keeps on freezing

Hi all

Good morning!! My box keeps freezing and no responding to the remote control at all..its constant.. Do I need a new box? No idea how old my box is

Thanks
S.a
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: My box keeps on freezing

Anything older than a TiVo is no longer manufactured and VM don't want anything older than a TiVo returned, so yes, it could be quite old if it's not a TiVo (10~20 years old.) TiVo picture: 

TiVo_box.jpg

You could try the box swap page to see if your eligible for a free swap to a TiVo, link: http://www.virginmedia.com/boxswap

If you're not eligible for the free STB swap, then the immediate routes you can get assistance are:
* Ring 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone -> option 1 -> confirm your details -> when in the menu choose option 2 (faults) -> report a fault -> if it wants to run a automated check, let it. After it, you'll be put through to an agent. Inform them about your failing STB, they'll either get you a replacement (stick depending) or upgrade you to a TiVo for free.
* Use the web chat from a desktop or laptop computer between 8AM to 8PM M-Sa: TV -> Loss of my TV service -> Chat online. It may say all agents are busy, if so, reload the page every 3 minutes and check again. Once through to an agent, Inform them of the failing STB you have.

Or if you don't mind waiting, then in up to three days a member of the favicon.png Forum Team will respond to your topic, the team member will be able to assist you. As they can book in replacement requests etc also.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
meggie23
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I was not responsible for the OP, but have had similar problems. This is a really helpful reply. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello SARAHELLIS1,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Virgin box and a warm welcome to the community.

I have been able to locate your account and I can see there are some signal issues with your box so I would like to send one of our team to take a look at it for you.

If you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you with further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos