Menu
keyboardken
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My additional v+ set top box is telling me that the smart card needs updating. How can I do this

How do I update the smart crd in my additional v+ box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My additional v+ set top box is telling me that the smart card needs updating. How can I do this

I'm thinking its likely the box has been turned off for a while. If the box is not left in standby it misses updates that keep it live on the system. You can ring customer services if you want it reactivated immediately. If you are prepared to wait, one of VM's Forum Team will respond, & can do the necessary.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My additional v+ set top box is telling me that the smart card needs updating. How can I do this

Hi there Keyboardken. 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums and say that I'm sorry to hear that you have been getting some issues with your V+ smart Card. As nodrogd has said, this normally happens when a set top box has been powered off for some time as it does need to stay  in contact with out servers to receive regular updates. 

I've done some testing on the connection and all looks fine, so I checked on the account and can see that since making this post you've spoken to someone in out fault centre who has fixed this issue, 

Cheers and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos