Menu
Zara94
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Tivo box not working

Hi,

Hoping someone could help me.

My nephew accidentally knocked over a drink and obviously hit the tivo box and now it's not working. It keeps showing a green light on the on button and then within a few secs it will flash blue/red all across the bottom.

The leads were removed, the tivo box was turned off and was placed upside down.

All I want to know is if a replacement would be needed and if there is a charge or is it free. Any ideas please
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Tivo box not working

Howdy Zara94,

Thanks for dropping into the Community on this, I'd like to welcome you from all of the team and I Smiley Happy

From time to time accidents happen and I know too well, from stubbing my toe on the chair leg to locking myself out of the house usually suffices! 

I've had a little look into the TiVo and it's not responding to my tests, whether this is because the leads are still removed or it's no longer with us.

Can you let me know if it was turned on at the time of my message? Once I know I'll be able to run some additional checks or simply get another one out to you Smiley Happy

Take care and hope the Nephew isn't too down about it Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Zara94
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Many Thanks for the response, the leads were removed when you was conducting the tests. I have now put the leads back in and the Tivo box is on.

Thanks

Zara
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zara,

Cheers for getting back to me so soon and thanks for popping those cables back in again. 

I've been able to locate the TiVo this time and can see that it it has no longer tried to connect to the network. I'd really like arrange a visit so we can get everything back to normal in the home again. 

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can and take care Smiley Happy

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Zara94
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben,

Thankyou so much for checking my box for me by rumning them tests. But I'm just checking to see that if there is anything wrong with the box and an engineer does come and sort the problem out. Will there be any charge for this??

Many Thanks Smiley Happy

Zara
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zara, 

I've picked up this message as Ben is off duty today, I'd like to let you know that there is no call out charge for the technician. Should however the technician see that the set top box has been will fully damaged then there could be a charge for replacing the TiVo® box which is £150, though I believe accidental damage would not be charged for. You may be able to claim any charges back from your home contents insurance if this is something that you've got, so I'd check your policy.

Ben is back in tomorrow, though should you wish to book something in before then, I'll also send you a private message in order to make the technician booking. 

Hope this helps

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos