Menu
Warbo1968
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My TiVo box is still running slow how do we know if proposed software update will work

i can see from other posts that Virgin have admitted a problem finally which has taken months, how do we know if update has worked

Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TiVo box is still running slow how do we know if proposed software update will work

Hi Warbo1968,

Thank you for your question, I can help and you should be able to identify whether you've had the update or not, you can find this from your remote using:-

Home>>>Help & Settings>>> System Info>>> System Info.

Look for the software version this should have the following code incorporated into the version:-

• RC24

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

vivrose1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: My TiVo box is still running slow how do we know if proposed software update will work

Hi yes checked have that number in software and still running slow .
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vivrose1,

Thank you for your message, I am very sorry to read that the tiVo has been slow whilst in use. I have been able to test the TV services and they are testing well, which is good news.

Whilst testing I was able to see that there is an ongoing issues of some over demand in the area. This will be attributing to your slowness as mentioned in your post but this would need to be exlpained a little more about what you're seeing. Once this has been resolved, any slowness experienced will cease. This is to be reviewed on the 7th November 2016 and the reference for the fault is F004864197.

If you can please come back nearer the date, I should have more information for you then.

Take care.
Ben

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BenD_H wrote:

Hi Vivrose1,

Thank you for your message, I am very sorry to read that the tiVo has been slow whilst in use. I have been able to test the TV services and they are testing well, which is good news.

Whilst testing I was able to see that there is an ongoing issues of some over demand in the area. This will be attributing to your slowness as mentioned in your post but this would need to be exlpained a little more about what you're seeing. Once this has been resolved, any slowness experienced will cease. This is to be reviewed on the 7th November 2016 and the reference for the fault is F004864197.

If you can please come back nearer the date, I should have more information for you then.

Take care.
Ben

So it is now official, we need to travel back in time to get a decent service.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Frank_gm,

Oops, you got me fair and square. If only we had a time machine!

The actual fault ticket is the F004864197 and the review date for this is 08/03/2017.

Thank you for your time and take care.

Ben

0 Kudos
vivrose1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

My TIVO box is still running slow? Any answers please ...... can you check out again.

0 Kudos