Menu
tysonivanovich
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Music on Demand Changed?

I no longer seem to have access to the Virgin Music On Demand service, all I can access now is Vevo.  Are other people seeing the same thing?  Is this a fault, or have Virgin moved over to using Vevo and dropped the existing service?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Music on Demand Changed?

There have been some changes to Music OnDemand today, but I must admit to not being completely sure on the specifics myself as I've seen conflicting info.

Which TV package are you on, and do you have a Tivo box, or another one?

0 Kudos
tysonivanovich
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the XL package using Tivo.  Was watching the David Bowie playlist last night, but when I tried this morning the Virgin Music On Demand service was not available.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There was some info on Vevo coming in one of the boxes at the top of the menu system on my Tivo last week. My understanding is that Vevo is replacing Virgin on Demand.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Looks like VM have now posted an "official" update - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Music-On-Demand-update/td-p/3012573

We're TV-XL with Tivo and still have access to the MoD facility - if you're missing this, I'd suggest you have a specific fault.

tysonivanovich
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all for the info. I called the support team, but the person I spoke to said there was no fault and that Vevo was "probably the new platform". I then called the team responsible for changing my TV package, and a more helpful person said there was a fault in my area that was being worked on. Did manage to access the Virgin Music David Bowie playlist in the afternoon, not checked the full service yet.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you've got TiVo, then the previous Music On Demand service has been replaced by Vevo http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/Vevo-app-now-live/td-p/3012572 In addition to Vevo, you can now also access four TiVo only music channels from Clubland AKA.

TiVo boxes shouldn't keep access to the previous service. If you also have V box, then some music videos will still be available via the previous system, as V boxes can't run Vevo.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
dirker
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The replacement for the previous music on demand service is extremely poor, only find more modern artists, punctuated with adverts, plays videos you didn't ask it to, so as a consumer, I am now paying more money for an inferior product, time to think about looking elsewhere I believe.

tysonivanovich
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I agree, the new Vevo service is very poor. Took me over 4 mins to start the app and search for a song I wanted to hear. After song finished it started to auto play next track from same artist with no way to return to my search results.
Linus
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I did not want the new Tivo box but my hand was forced when I needed to upgrade my hub to enjoy faster speeds. Took me a while to realise that MOD  had been replaced by VEVO which imo is a far inferior service than the previous offering. It is hard to navigate, slow and the choice is not as good. Suffice to say, that I do not use this service now.

Anyone know why YouTube is also very slow and tends to freeze?

0 Kudos