Menu
rfservices
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Multiroom

The multiroom offering from VM seems very poor compared to Sky. As I understand it a second box can only stream (recorded material) from a master and receive live a very small subset of the broadcast channels (none of the major ones). Is this true? If so I will be sticking to Sky , reluctantly. Pity really as I already have broadband and telephone  from VM

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiroom

The 2nd box has exactly the same channels as the main box.  streaming recordings from one box to another is not even offed by sky as far as I am aware

0 Kudos
rfservices
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So there is a completely separate supply node that does not rely on powerline connectors?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Multiroom boxes are all connected to the incoming coax cable, & just like Sky Multiroom boxes, are totally independent of each other. You get the same channel selection on each box. There are differences between the TiVO & the VHD boxes. TiVO boxes (as well as a recording box with 3 TV tuners) have an internet modem, so can access third party OD content & services such as Netfix. VHD boxes only have a single TV tuner, so cannot record, & only have access to OD content from Virgin's own servers.

Connecting a TiVO to your Virgin superhub is only required for remote recording, using a mobile device as a remote, & streaming existing recordings (where allowed) to another TiVO box on the same account.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
rfservices
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks . This is very unclear on the VM Site. I guess this is not the multiroom function they describe .

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is the page you wanted:

http://store.virginmedia.com/digital-tv/set-top-boxes/multiroom.html

not this:

http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/tv/ways-to-watch/multi-room-streaming/intro.html

Easy mistake to make.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos