Menu
von77
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Multiroom Q

When I initially got Virgin Phone/TV/Broadband installed I was at work and my son was home when the engineer called.  I live in a ground floor apartment and the engineer put the main phone socket in a kids bedroom (not the lounge).  My son obviously thought this was ok so didn't say anything at the time.  Anyway, it wasn't ok but I didn't want to go through hours of hanging 'on hold' to complain so I left it as I was just glad to get an internet service.  However, at the other side of the bedroom a Virgin box was also put on the wall with a length of coiled up white cable attached with what looks like an aerial socket on the end and I wondered if this was there to connect another TV box?

I called Virgin today and asked about another box for the bedroom but I was told it would be sometime in October before this can be dealt with by an engineer visit, but if the cable is already there, do I need a visit?  I only want a basic box for the bedroom and was quoted £6.50 plus £9.99 activation fee yet I've read online that the activation is free for the basic box, if that's correct, why did I get told a fee?

Online chat couldn't help me further and pointed me in the direction of technical and gave me a link but that only takes me to the general Virgin site.

I am now losing the Will to Live with Virgin as aside all that, the internet keeps dropping and I've already been given a £3.50 credit for inconvenience.

Think I'll buy tin cans/string and a colouring book and give up on internet and TV....oh yeah and I never wanted the telephone service in the first place as I never, ever use it but Virgin told me I had to have it and it didn't cost anymore to have it.  Is that true?

Please can someone at Virgin advise on a very basic non recording, non bells and whistles bedroom TV box and if I need to wait until October.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiroom Q

If the connection has never been used, then there is the possibilty it is not wired into the main drop. VM engineers will only usually connect active feeds to keep optimum signal levels. Therefore its standard policy to send an engineer when another service or multiroom is ordered. You are lucky you have been offered a "basic" box now, as these legacy boxes are no longer manufactured. Pretty soon the only box on offer will be the TiVO.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos