Menu
Superhet
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Multiple lock-ups with Samsung V+HD STB

My STB seems to be on its way out. I get multiple lock-ups, slow response, STB graphics not clearing from TV display, and generally buggy performance.

I often have to power cycle the box to restore service. This evening it has been particularly bad, with channels freezing after about 30 seconds, until I change channels. This the repeats.

I have tried running a test on the STB (via the VM support web page). The progress bar gets to 100% but then the web page seems to time out.

Broadband seems to be stable. No problem on phone line. No error codes on the STB.

Can someone pass this to a tech to investigate? I suspect the STB needs replacing.

0 Kudos
MattCH
Just joined
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiple lock-ups with Samsung V+HD STB

Mine is doing the same - also a Samsung box.  Initially the picture freezes, and the sound continues for a few seconds before that goes too.  Changing channel and then back again clears it, but only for a few minutes before it freezes up again.

Have rebooted the box but that hasn't fixed it.  Have also tried to run a diagnostics check via the website, which gets about three quarters of the way through but then fails...

Assume this is a service problem, that Virgin haven't yet spotted.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Phone customer services so they can run a signal level test. TV streams use a different part of the RF spectrum to broadband, so you can have a problem with these even if your broadband is ok.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Superhet

I'm really sorry to learn about the problem with your TV service lately, I've not been able to accurately locate your account to take a closer look at this for you unfortunately. 

So I can run some tests on the line for you, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the red envelope on the top left of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos