Menu
chattiapattia
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving my TV

Hello, I'm elderly and not too good with this type of technology.  I am trying to move my tv to the other end of the room, I bought an aerial extension which is fine, but have no idea of the cable required for the box itself which has a screw attachment.  I could leave the box where it is, but not sure about long scart plugs!  Any assistance would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving my TV

You cant buy extensions for Virgin's network coax cable, as the cable is specially made for them to do the job it has to do. The cable is also their property & should not be altered in any way, as unauthorised alterations could not only degrade your own services, but every other customer in the vicinity. If you cant extend the cable between the box & the TV, you are looking at a £100 callout for an engineer to alter Virgins network wiring & a rebalance of the signal levels at your property.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

chattiapattia
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving my TV

Hello again,

Thanks for your assistance, I've left the box where it was, rather than spend the £100, and have bought a long scart plug which only cost £7.99; so the tv is now where I wanted it and working perfectly. 

0 Kudos