Menu
Edwards9
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving into a new build house

Hi

at the moment we watch the same picture of sky around the house on all TVs using aerial cable, my new house builder DWH are offering extra aerial sockets around the house a a extra cost do I need to have virgin media sockets around the house to work the same way as my sky does 

Thanks for any advice

Richard

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving into a new build house

Standard aerial or sky cable cannot be used for VM installations due to VM's cable specification.

Only a few house builders actually cable properties with approved VM cable - Taylor Wimpey is one as my house was pre cabled.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving into a new build house

Edwards9 wrote:

Hi

at the moment we watch the same picture of sky around the house on all TVs using aerial cable, my new house builder DWH are offering extra aerial sockets around the house a a extra cost do I need to have virgin media sockets around the house to work the same way as my sky does 

Thanks for any advice

Richard

I know what you mean. You use the RF2 output from your Sky box & send it round the house to all the other TV's. Virgin boxes no longer have RF outputs, so you would need a Scart lead & an RF modulator to do the job the box cant. I would recommend the modulator linked below which has been doing the same job for me for the last 5 years.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercury-350-111-12V-250mA-Modulator/dp/B000M6SMKW

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos