Menu
trickytree38
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving boxes upstairs

We have an additional v box in my son's bedroom which he no longer uses as he watches stuff via ps4. Is it  possible for me to disconnect the box and relocate it in our bedroom? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving boxes upstairs

Assuming you have a co-ax connection point in the new location, you can do this.

0 Kudos
trickytree38
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply, we don't have a connection in our bedroom which is why i was asking, can i move the connection into our bedroom myself or do we have to get virgin media out to do it, and is there any charge for this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You will need to contract Virgin Media to do this work and ensure that the correct cabling and connectors are used. They will also ensure that your complete installation is correctly balanced for all your services.

There would be a one-off charge, to include all materials and time, of £99.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

trickytree38 wrote:

thanks for the reply, we don't have a connection in our bedroom which is why i was asking, can i move the connection into our bedroom myself or do we have to get virgin media out to do it, and is there any charge for this?

If you can move the connection there shouldn't be an issue.  I have about twenty foot of cable off mine as I wasn't sure where to put it in the bedroom. You could get an appropriate length of shielded co-ax and apprpriate connectors off eBay, though don't tell VM!  You may have signal strength issues though.

Though having said all that I have done away with my VHD box altogether as I can either plug in a laptop and watch on anywhere or just live with freeview.  TV player on the Fire Stick has enough channels for the bedroom (BBC, ITV, 4, 5 + others).  Would save you £6.50/month.

0 Kudos
trickytree38
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ok thanks for the reply, we will probably keep it in my son's bedroom if that is the cost to reroute in our bedroom.

0 Kudos
trickytree38
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ok thanks for the reply, but we will probably keep the box in our son's bedroom, it's mainly due to champions league starting again tomorrow night, but i will check out your other advice as well, thanks again.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos