Menu
Abifranks
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moved and lied about set up

Hi I've been a customer for over 2 years now and called last week to change address to set up my TV and broadband.. told me that's fine will get someone out Sunday...
They looked at all my details and told me will be able to set up (I'm on payment package and owe £70 explained this and women said was fine)
Man comes Sunday and fits wifi but not TV!
Rang them and asked and said they couldn't because I owe them and have to pay remaining amount!
If I knew this I would of gone to someone else and paid the balance off every month!!
I've never had a problem with virgin until now and now I'm stuck with them until my contact is up!!!
Question is.. is there anyway to sort this so I can have it up and running?!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moved and lied about set up

Hi Abifranks, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had an issue setting up a TV Service since moving. Whenever you are on a payment package, until the balance is paid off, no changes to the service can be made. 

In order to add further services, such as TV, you would need to pay off the remaining balance owing. Once this is done, we can then upgrade you. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Abifranks
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I will be paying £70 and as agreed tv will come back on. During weekend they put my services back on but tv didn't is this because I moved and need someone to come out? Lines aren't open until 8 to ask someone

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Abifranks, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

As you moved address, the TV Service wouldn't have been on the account so you'd need to speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 for them to upgrade the account. 

Come back and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos