Menu
twj205l
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

More TV lost CBS channels on 1st May - why?

I notice that the CBS channels, and others, have been removed from the More TV channel list. Looks like I'm paying £6.99 for nothing.

Any explanation???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: More TV lost CBS channels on 1st May - why?

These channels have never been part of More TV.

CBS Reality, Horror Channel, CBS Action, CBS Drama, CBS Reality +1 and Horror Channel +1, were available to all VM TV customers throughout April as a free promotional offer by the broadcaster.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
twj205l
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Interesting... But I've had those channels for the past 6 months, at least- not the past month. My query stands, I've lost channels that I've had for months and  that are free on Freeview and FreeSat. 

As a very long term customer of Yorkshire Cable / Telewest and laterly VirginMedia I'm becoming more and more annoyed at being expected to pay for channels that are available free elsewhere.

Further the BBC iPlayer function through the TiVo Box is still incapable of supporting HD playback - something I was assured would be fixed by Nov' 2016 and 5USA and 5STAR regularly suffer pixelation. So in summary I'm paying £5 a month for the TiVo Box that cannot deliver it's stated functionality and £6 a month for More TV that gives me less than I can get free elsewhere. Time for a contract review - 3 engineering visits have failed to fix the technical issues as they are not specific to my installation - they are network generic.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

VM's TV Guide from August 2015 has these channels in the same packs they are in now (May 2016 list).

http://cdn.virginmediapresents.com/2016/04/052016.v2.pdf

Also note the one from April, which states at the very bottom:

...CBS channels revert to original package tiers on 1 May 2016....

https://my.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virgoBrowse/docs/VirginMediaTVChannelGuide.pdf

Freeview & Freesat cost the broadcaster money, for which they will get no return. VM is a pay TV platform. It is the the broadcasters decision whether to join TV M & likewise get no return, or to join a higher pack as these guys have & take a cut of the income from it.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos