Menu
georgeellis
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mixed Up program guide.

Any one else miss the Australia v New Zealand  (A.B) rugby match on Saturday 20/8/16 because of program guide mix up. spent ridiculous amount of time on telephone trying to sort it out. Being new to Virgin, didn't go down too well. Finally sorted by nice lady.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mixed Up program guide.

Hi georgeellis,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with your with your TV guide.

Let me know if you get any more issues and I'll take a look for you!

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
georgeellis
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Josh, thank you for the reply re my problem of mixed up program change which appears to have been sorted.

Unfortunately I have further problem with very slow program change which can take several seconds to change

from one program to another. I was previously with sky and their program change is

instant. I would appreciate any advice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi georgeellis,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now with regards to the program guide. Smiley Happy

With regards to the slowness issue, the first thing to try is giving it a reboot to see if this helps.

Also, go through your recorded content and remove anything that you no longer want on there. 

Finally, try this key sequence: Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank. When the screen comes back on you should notice the TiVo® speed up.

The TiVo® stores data that it uses fairly often in the cache so it can be called upon quickly. This sequence clears the cache and by doing this you remove all the background data freeing up some of the TiVo®'s memory.

Give these actions a try and come back and let us know how things go as we're here to help Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
georgeellis
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re Slowness issue

Kath, thank you for your reply concerning my 'Slowness issues'. I have been  through the recorded content and removed 26 episodes of a program called 'Gunslinger Girl' and 10 episodes of a program called 'Secrete lies' also 37 suggested programs. I havn't  a clue where these have come from, I have certainly not downloaded them. I am now concerned that my Tevo box has already been used else-ware. If this is the case I will be very disappointed. I would appreciate your comments.

Regards. George Ellis.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re Slowness issue

Might be an idea to go through the menus & turn recording suggestions off. The TiVO monitors what you record & will record similar items without you asking for them. This can be a good thing, but is also a pain if its slowing the TiVO down.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
georgeellis
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Re Slowness issue

Thank you for that, I will do as you suggest. What bothers me is the fact I have only been a Virgin media customer

for something like 4 weeks and could not and did not record any of the pre mentioned programs.

Regards.

George.

0 Kudos