Menu
scnafe
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Mis-sold?

Hi

As you may have seen from my previous posts I'm a new customer, signed up just recently.

I am currently awaiting VM's contract through the post to clarify this, which seems to be taking quite a while, but I am down for an install date at the end of the month. I just wondered after reading other forum posts if I may have perhaps been sold parts of a package which I won't get. 

The deal I was given, was the big kahuna package with 500gb Tivo, for £60 a month inc line rental, for 12 months + free sky sports, and movies for 3 months + those sports & movies in hd, + a free v+ HD box and installation, + free netflix for 6 months, Included in this is also 200mb broadband, and talk weekends. It's on an 18 month contract, with free install and just the £10 activation.

The parts I am dubious on are the sky sports and movies in HD, and the additional V+HD box, as I have read online these are both chargeable extras per month. The salesperson informed me that the Sports and Movies would be free and in HD for the first 3 months, and the extra box would be completely free, never would I have to pay for it.

Call me paranoid but I am just making sure I have been sold something that I will actually get, before I sign the all important contract.

Regards

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mis-sold?

The only real way to find out is to contact customer services, as individual account issues cannot be dealt with on the Forum. AFAIK the movies & sports can be offered in HD for a special offer period. The second box charge might turn out to be a limited offer though. The refurbished V+HD boxes provided work on a legacy platform that will eventually be withdrawn, leaving the TiVO as the sole TV box on offer. No timescale has been given for this, but after your initial contract runs out things might change. You will also not be immune to bundle price rises, which happen every February whether you are in contract or not.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
scnafe
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thankyou for the reply.

I will hang on and wait and see what the contract says, then take it from there, should the contract that's sent through the post tell me all the relevant information on my package, any extras and prices? 

I'd hate to get stuck in an 18 month contract and find that I didn't get things I was promised.

Regards

0 Kudos
LaurenceCarr
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been offered a very similar deal today. £64 average for 18 months, 1 year Sky Sports free, 9.99 install. I'm currently with Sky but another price hike plus a requirement for faster internet has pushed me to look at alternatives. Lot of noise about the tivo and V+HD offerings on the web, so wondering if I'm looking to the right place.

0 Kudos
scnafe
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That is a better deal than I was offered. I only got offered free sports & movies for 3 months... and on top of that something about us been a preferable listing or something, meaning we get the best deals? whatever this means... I'm still waiting for the contract to arrive to determine what I will get. If I'm not happy when it arrives I'll just stay with Sky.

0 Kudos