Menu
chris555
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Merdian instead of Angian news

I have been getting Meridian TV instead of Anglian TV for a while now and it is getting really annoying. I live in East Anglia so Meridian new and weather is of no interest to me. Is there something that I need to do with my Virgin box to sort this out?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Merdian instead of Angian news

Ther is nothing you can do to change the region options.

You have to use channel 103 for your local ITV news, as there is no ITV HD version available at present.

ITV are gradually adding HD availability across the country, but currently an HD service is only availble for ITV Anglia East, & even this is only available to satellite customers ATM. Customers on cable & Freeview get Meridian South East HD.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ther is nothing you can do to change the region options.

You have to use channel 103 for your local ITV news, as there is no ITV HD version available at present.

ITV are gradually adding HD availability across the country, but currently an HD service is only availble for ITV Anglia East, & even this is only available to satellite customers ATM. Customers on cable & Freeview get Meridian South East HD.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

chris555
Just joined
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thank you for your help. I watch Good Morning Britain in the mornings to get the local news and weather< so I will switch to 103 instead. thanks again. : )

0 Kudos
bigmistake1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Go to channel 870 for ITV Anglia.

I am also new to all this and used to ITV HD showing my local news which is Meridian however I found I have London news on HD and non HD so did a search and found ITV Meridian on channel 871

I am not really enjoying my switch to virgin so far, oh well only 18 months of this contract to suffer.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

bigmistake1 wrote:

Go to channel 870 for ITV Anglia.

I am also new to all this and used to ITV HD showing my local news which is Meridian however I found I have London news on HD and non HD so did a search and found ITV Meridian on channel 871

I am not really enjoying my switch to virgin so far, oh well only 18 months of this contract to suffer.

Anglia West viewers on VM are served by several area cable Headends.

From Northampton or Cambridge headends, where Anglia West is on 103 & Meridian East on 113.

Anglia East Viewers also receive Anglia East on 103 & Meridian East on 113. This was the clue to where the OP was located

From Luton headend, where Anglia West is on 870,  with London on 103 & 113.

0 Kudos
bigmistake1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

life was so much better on sky

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

bigmistake1 wrote:

life was so much better on sky

Skys service construction wasn't overseen by a government authority. The cable system in this country was, which is why the regional setup is such a mess.

0 Kudos