Menu
jade8384
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Menu appearance changed!

What's happened to my menu?! It's a hideous black and grey instead of the usual purplish colour! It looks like I've switched it on in "safe mode"!! ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Menu appearance changed!

The update shouldn't change the colour of the main TiVo screens though.

The only time the colours in some parts are different is if you're in the Sky content sections or if you've turned on the High Contrast Display in the Display Settings and Subtitles.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Argy
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Did you mean the system menu, or the TV guide?

As @BenMcr said, it is possible that High Contrast Display has been switched on by mistake. (On my Tivo this affects the TV guide, but not the other menu pages).

To check;

Home > Help and Settings > Settings > Display and Subtitles > High Contrast Display > Use Standard Display

Back all the way out, and now see if the guide is OK.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Tags (1)

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VM have been rolling out a new firmware for the TiVo which changed this aspect of it, as well as other things in the TiVo.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
jade8384
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is this a permanent fixture? and did we get informed of this somehow because i don't recall! Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The update shouldn't change the colour of the main TiVo screens though.

The only time the colours in some parts are different is if you're in the Sky content sections or if you've turned on the High Contrast Display in the Display Settings and Subtitles.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@BenMcr Are you sure? the article I read (and refound now) stated "The change will bring a slicker, image-focused menu system to existing set-top boxes and Chief Digital Entertainment officer at Virgin Media David Bouchier admits upgrades are long overdue." Happy to be wrong though.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Argy
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Did you mean the system menu, or the TV guide?

As @BenMcr said, it is possible that High Contrast Display has been switched on by mistake. (On my Tivo this affects the TV guide, but not the other menu pages).

To check;

Home > Help and Settings > Settings > Display and Subtitles > High Contrast Display > Use Standard Display

Back all the way out, and now see if the guide is OK.

Just another VM user trying to help, so no guarantees that my advice will work .
If my suggestion is helpful, please mark it as helpful; it may help others. Just want to say "Thanks"? That's the Kudos button.
Tags (1)
jade8384
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It was my settings! No idea how it happend but I have watched my 18 month old create a series link when playing with the remote so im guessing it could be her! Thanks to all who replied! ๐Ÿ˜€