Menu
Luce1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Media box not switching on

We had a power cut whilst the box was switched on, since the power has come back we've been getting the red standby light but it won't switch on. Tried removing power/holding down power button etc, any ideas?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Media box not switching on

Welcome to the Forum, but for a nuisance of a reason.

Sounds like your box may be due for burial.

If I were you I'd phone a TV fault in to 150 or use "on line chat" through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page. You probably need a replacement box and a tech visit.

You can wait here for a Forum team member to pick this up - could take 24-48 hours, often quicker though.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Welcome to the Forum, but for a nuisance of a reason.

Sounds like your box may be due for burial.

If I were you I'd phone a TV fault in to 150 or use "on line chat" through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page. You probably need a replacement box and a tech visit.

You can wait here for a Forum team member to pick this up - could take 24-48 hours, often quicker though.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Luce1,

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forum:smileyhappy: Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your box won't switch on after the power cut.  

I can see that you have taken HowardML's great advice and contacted our Online Chat Department to report the issue and my colleague has arranged to get this sorted out for you.

Please let me know how you get on, even if everything is working fine. We would like to make certain this issue gets fixed for you.

Take care.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos