Menu
hills7171
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many V+ box issues

Hi all,

Every time I switch my V+ box on it shows a dialogue box that says that my V+ services are unavailable. This means I cannot pause live TV or set any recordings. The picture also constantly freezes after around 15 minutes of viewing. To reboot the screen after the frozen picture I hold down the power button till 'Stop' appears on the front panel of the box. Invariably, when I do this the box shows Ld30 for ages before sometimes rebooting or if it stays on for 5 minutes or so I reboot again. Eventually I get it working again only to be told that my V+ services are unavailable !!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Many V+ box issues

You need to get in touch with the faults department, as this issue will not fix itself. This can be caused by an error on the account, but as you have pixilation issues, is more likely down to either a signal issue or a faulty box.

You can ring Virgin on 150 from any Virgin phone, (0345 454 1111 from others), use online chat (via the "Contact Us" link below), or wait for a Forum Team response here, which can take several days.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Many V+ box issues

Hi hills7171,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you'r getting this V+ error and also pixelated picture on your channels.  I'll be happy to help check this out for you.

I have connected to your box remotely and I can see signal issues that would impact the service.  I will arrange for an engineer to call out and get this fixed for you.

All the details will be in a private message I'll send to you now.  (Look for the envelope icon above)

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos