Menu
silverleaf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Major problems with my V + box

l'm having major issues with my v + box, the hard disk has already been formatted due to problems but they are now getting worse. The picture is pixelating and then freezing, programs which are set to record are shown as recorded but when you go to view it is a different program completely, freezing is happening on any channel, my grandaughter loves "Spongebob" on 717 but it can only be watched for a short while before freezing, the other day l wanted to watch the last Top Gear, l paused it when it started as l was busy, when l pressed play it was ok until about 15 minutes from the end when the picture and sound started to break up and froze, l thought good l have recorded it but no the recording was the same, missing the last 15 minutes, this is becoming a daily problem, please can you send an engineer out probably to replace the box, thanks Steph.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Major problems with my V + box

This could be the box, but it could also be a signal issue at your property. Either issue would require an engineer visit. The Forum Team here can do this, but you could be waiting several days for a response. You could also use online chat , via the "Contact us" link at the foot of the page, or you can ring 150 free from a VM Landline or Mobile.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi silverleaf,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry to hear your V+ is having multiple problems with recording, pixelating and freezing.

I've managed to locate your account to run some tests. I can the signal levels for the V+ box are very poor indeed. I can also see there's some upgrade work currently being done in your area. This may account for the poor signals too.

I'll need to wait for the upgrade work to be completed first before running any further tests. At present the estimated fix time is 15:00 today. I'm going to put this on hold for 24 hours.

I'll message you again tomorrow with my results and where we go from there.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi silverleaf,

Thanks for your patience.

I've checked this again and confirm the upgrade work has now been completed. The signal levels are still very poor though. With this in mind I'd like to arrange for an engineer to visit the property to fix it.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi silverleaf,

Thanks for your private messages.

I'm really pleased to hear the services are working again following the engineer visit.

Please monitor for a few days and let me know if there are any further issues.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos