Menu
Mikeh1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Loyalty team question

I know it sounds like a daft question but are the loyalty team the same as the retention team?

I ask because I have set cancellation on my account after a few issues with my services and got a call from the loyalty team a few days later.

The caller was polite enough but when I explained my reasons for going I didn't get the feeling there was much of an attempt to keep me. Admittedly at the time and after a month of unstable TV and broadband, 2 engineers visits and still no better I wasn't in the best of moods (having previously  worked in customer services I was always polite and calm) but apart from a moderate discount I wasn't offered any appologies or much of a discount to stay.

Now after a few days to mull it over and ear ache from my Mrs I am beginning to think maybe I should have had more of an open mind... hence why I ask... will the retention team call me before I go or is that it.

I've been with vm for 6 years but leaving won't be a big pain for me but the Mrs nagging about having to learn something new may be. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loyalty team question

Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, I have removed your duplicate thread.

I'm not sure about the labels assigned to each team but if VM have already called and you rejected the offer then they might try again or they might cancel your service as you requested.  Some folks on here report multiple calls trying to get them to stay and some no calls at all.

If you don't want to cancel then the best thing to do would be to call VM and tell them you have changed your mind.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Loyalty team question

Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue, I have removed your duplicate thread.

I'm not sure about the labels assigned to each team but if VM have already called and you rejected the offer then they might try again or they might cancel your service as you requested.  Some folks on here report multiple calls trying to get them to stay and some no calls at all.

If you don't want to cancel then the best thing to do would be to call VM and tell them you have changed your mind.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.