Menu
JDRogers
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Lost our remote, how do I get new one? Was told to phone 150 but NO OPTION covers this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have lost our remove for V+ box. How do I get a new one?

The virgin help pages all say that I should phone 150 to solve this problem, but when I did so there were NO options in the various multiple-choices that cover this, I was sent round and round in circles. It was one of the MOST ANNOYING telephone services that I have ever encountered.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost our remote, how do I get new one? Was told to phone 150 but NO OPTION covers this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your problem is with the TV service so you should choose the appropriate options.

0 Kudos
JDRogers
Joining in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost our remote, how do I get new one? Was told to phone 150 but NO OPTION covers this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I phoned 150 again....

for tv press 1 .... so I pressed 1

choices; 1 bills ... 2 fault or technical advice .... 3 activate .... 4 changes to package ....... so I pressed  2

choices;  1 reset box .... 2 faults with broadband ....  3 faults with phone  ........ so I pressed 2

choices: 1 missing channels ....  2 any other  .......... so I pressed  2

choices;  1 restart box ....   2 stay here an we will run tests , or hang up if tets not convenient ..... so I hung up

HOW DO I TALK TO SOMEONE TO ASK FOR A NEW REMOTE?

0 Kudos
JDRogers
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

line 4  should have read "fault with TV service"

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Let it run the tests (I'm not even sure if it actually does anything), it will then probably tell you to try turning it off and on again (something I assume you've already done), just ignore that and it will put you through to a person after.
0 Kudos
JDRogers
Joining in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I just need a remote to replace a lost one. There are no faults with the box. But I'll try going through the fault process AS IF there's a fault on the box in the hope that I might actually get to talk to a human. What a mess!

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Well they either have a multiple choice system that gives basic headings like they do now, or a ridiculously specific one which lists every possible problem which would take forever to run through, or they just put everyone on to one generic waiting list. I'd imagine what they have now is probably the best balance (though they could really get rid of that annoying 'we are running tests on your equipment' crap).
0 Kudos
JDRogers
Joining in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

All they need is an option at the end of the sequence, for "talks to someone"

0 Kudos
ilike2burnthing
Rising star
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Well essentially all the options that are not 'or hang up now' are to get you a person to talk to, just the right person with the right information in front of them. But don't worry, I feel your pain Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
JDRogers
Joining in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

So someone has designed a help line whereby to actually talk to someone you have to "pretend" that you have a fault on your system ... let it try to "fix" the non-existent fault ... then let it find that there was no fault .... THEN someone in the Far East, who can barely speak English, will talk to you about the issue of a lost remote.

You just couldn't make it up.
I thought pressing START to shut down Windows was illogical, but this takes the biscuit.

0 Kudos