Menu
L4liverbird
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Loss of on demand service (Error code 1021)

I have had no on demand service since last Tuesday. I rang up and was told there was a fault in my area and that it would be fixed by Tuesday 16th. Given that programmes are only available for 7 days I think this is poor. But obviously there is nothing I could do. 

I was given a number to check in future for news of any faults in my area but it was just a different number for the long menus that got me to him in the first place!

I then received a text early yesterday saying that the fault had been fixed but I still just get an error message. (1021). I have rebooted my box 5 times but it hasn't made any difference.

Everything on this site is about selling and upgrading, and mainly TiVo. I am not a TiVo customer and am seriously considering not being a customer at all given the continual price increases and for what??? Service is shocking! The call centre staff recite a script and can't usually help. There is no help on the site. 

The service status for my area just mentions a TV to go app. 

How on earth do I find out when the problem will be fixed?? Or maybe it is easier to just cancel everything....

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of on demand service (Error code 1021)

Hi there L4liverbird, 

I am so sorry to hear of your continued issue when trying to access TV On Demand. Whilst there may have been a local network fault previously I can see that this has since been cleared. However, I can see some issues with your set top box contacting our servers. 

This may have been to do with the outage, I'd first of all suggest powering off the set top box for a few minutes, then after powering on wait for about 15 minutes before trying the On Demand section again. If this doesn't work, then I would suggest getting a technician to call out. 

I've sent you a private message in order to get things rolling should the reboot not work, please look to the top left of this page where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on that and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
L4liverbird
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I will try leaving it unplugged for longer then and let you know. They had said 5-10 seconds to me before!

Thanks

0 Kudos
L4liverbird
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That hasnt helped. PM sent

0 Kudos