Menu
LveK
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Loss of ITV 1

Morning....

I cannot see anyone else talking about this but did anyone loose ITV 1 last night for a couple of hours. I noticed about 19:30hrs....

Fortunately ITV 1 HD and +1 still worked so we got our dose of Corrie..  Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Loss of ITV 1

Hi LveK,

Thank you for coming back to the Community and posting about the TV services. 

I'm sorry to hear about the hiccup with Corrie on ITV Smiley Happy, great to see that the +1 saved the day!

I've been looking into the TiVo and I can see that the Input levels are out of spec'. I'd really like this to be looked at by our engineers as there is no known outages in the area.

I've sent you a 'Private Message', you can find this by clicking on the little red envelope near the top left of the page.

Get back to me when you can.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
LveK
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ben,
Thank you. Out of spec?
PM reply to follow..

:-)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LveK,

Thank you for getting back to me so soon on this, 

Your input levels are above what they should be, this may cause issues you've been seeing and shouldn't be left unresolved.

I've replied to your PM so we can move this forward Smiley Happy

Speak to you soon and with the appointment booked, be sure to keep in touch and let myself and the Community how it all went Smiley Happy

Ben

LveK
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben. PM'd you.

I'll update you when the engineer has been. Many Thanks. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
LveK
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update.

Engineer attended and found the RF levels too high. 

It appears that when I returned an old NTL Samsung tv box from upstairs via the 'send a box and post it back to us' system the inbound RF signal then became too high. It was set when we had two Tv boxes and a WiFi by an engineer. Until I posted a comment, as above, the issue had gone undetected for some time. I must admit though, I hadn't noticed anything of any detriment to my system.

Remedy, Filter on the Tivo box. Sort out a redundant splitter and set level accordingly on both Tivo and WiFi Hub.

So... all sorted..  Smiley Happy

Thank you !!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Lvek Smiley Happy 

Cheers for posting back and letting everyone know how it went. I'm really please to hear and no doubt things will be looking much better now. 

The signal levels undetected would have eventually shown signs of this later on as the services were used so it's great that it was sorted now rather than later Smiley Happy

Keep in touch and please feel free to take a look at the other boards, even if it's just for a natter Smiley Happy

Take care. 

Ben

0 Kudos